This fund provides one-time capital support for early learning programs to expand their capacity, increase quality, and/or make capital improvements in response to COVID-19 safety protocols to serve vulnerable families. Eligible programs seeking grant funding can apply for awards up to $50,000.
Before applying, please ensure your organization meets the following eligibility criteria:
- You are an existing high-quality operator (3 Star) or you have submitted a plan for increasing quality
- You are a non‐profit or for‐profit organization with a Tennessee child care license
- You currently serve low‐income populations (which means at least 50% of your client population are low income children, as defined by 250% Federal Poverty Level)
- All needed project funding beyond this application has been secured.
Before applying, please ensure your expansion project meets the following eligibility criteria:
- The proposed project will be located in Chattanooga, TN
- You can demonstrate ownership or long‐term lease (can be forthcoming for a new location)
Preference will be given to applications and projects that have or consider the following:
- Strong track-record for serving vulnerable populations
- Demonstration of need for high-quality child care in the proposed location
- Increasing infant or toddler seats
Dec 2 Applications Released
Dec 9 Applicant Training Released
Jan 8 Applications Due
Feb 5 Awards Announced
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Early Matters meets the second Thursday of every month at 1:30PM.
To contact our coalition or inquire about joining, please email.
Learn what’s happening with Early Matters by subscribing to our Quarterly Updates.